Time: 50 minutes
These can be made without the Oreos as well, but let?s be real, who doesn?t like Oreos?
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet baking bar, chopped
- 12 Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment or foil, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and sugar. Heat for 1 minute. Stir together and set aside for 5 minutes to let it cool. Add cocoa powder and vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture and whisk together
- With a hand mixer, add the butter/sugar/cocoa powder mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl and start mixing on the lowest speed setting. Add your eggs one at a time just until they get mixed.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a separate bowl. Begin to slowly add them to the wet mixture in the mixing bowl. Mix until there are no pockets of dry ingredients remaining
- After you are done mixing all the ingredients, fold in chocolate chips and baking bar chunks.
- Spread half the mixture to the bottom of the baking pan on the parchment paper. Then add a layer of Oreos. Top the Oreos with the remaining brownie mix.
- Place in oven for 30-35 minutes. You can test by sticking a toothpick or knife through the brownie. If it comes out dry, they are ready to come out.
- This is important. As tempting as they are, leave them on the counter for 35 minutes and then put them in the fridge for another 15minutes to let them set before cutting.