Time: 35 minutes
Creamy smooth hummus that will surprise any guest that you entertain, there is a special secret to making hummus smooth. Give this recipe a shot and you will be happy with the outcome.
- 1 19 oz. can chick peas
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup reserved chick pea water
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into small pieces
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (you can use the whole lemon if you would like!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- Olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley to top the hummus
- First you will want to open your can of chick peas and remove the skin of each chick pea. This may take 10 minutes but it will give you the smooth consistency you’re looking for in hummus. To accomplish this, pinch each chickpea between your thumb and forefinger and the skin should come right off! You can discard the skins and toss the chick peas in a bowl.
- Dump your chickpeas in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds at a time. Open the food processor to scrape the sides of the bowl when you see the blend sticking to the sides of the processor. You should probably be able to get a nice paste after doing this 6-7 times.
- Once you have a nice chickpea paste, you can toss in the rest of the ingredients and pulse for about 3 minutes. Again, scrape anything sticking to the sides of the food processor. You should have an extremely creamy and delicious hummus.
- Pour into a bowl. With a small spoon, press down into the middle of the hummus to create a “bowl” to pour the olive oil into. You can also create a circular pattern using the same technique! Sprinkle on some paprika and add a few pieces of parsley and let your hummus chill for about 1 hour.
- Enjoy with pita bread or veggies!