Time: 1 hour
Sausage is one of the more naturally flavourful meats, and that?s why I wanted to add this recipe, it?s filling and it satisfies every desire I require.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 18 oz. Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 fresh vine tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream (half and half)
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (canned or homemade)
- Add onions with avocado oil to frying pan on medium heat. Separate the Italian sausage from its casing (you only want the meat inside). An easy way to do this is to squeeze each end of the sausage, which should open the casing allowing you to empty the sausage into a bowl.
- Add garlic, seasoning salt and cayenne pepper to the frying pan when the onions begin to sizzle. At the same time, create small balls of sausage meat and place them in the frying pan.
- Cook until browned, about 12-15 minutes, while stirring evenly.
- Add tomatoes and marinara and let cook for another 6 minutes.
- Add broth, cream and tortellini to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, then bring the heat down and let simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the tortellini is completely cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.