Time: 15 minutes
Have you ever thought of putting these two together? I have to admit, this isn?t my original idea, but it?s my way of making it. Although it may not be the best to have EVERY morning, once in a while it?s not so bad and it will keep your taste buds happy.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 slices of French bread sliced about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons jam (your choice of flavor)
- Syrup for serving
- Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, milk, and cinnamon to a shallow bowl and mix thoroughly. Put frying pan slightly above medium heat and add canola oil to pan.
- Soak bread in mixture, put the bread on the frying pan ensuring that it?s hot, and cook each side for 3 minutes before placing on the side.
- Spread the peanut butter on the first piece of French toast and spread the jam on the second piece of French toast.
- Sandwich together and serve with maple syrup drizzled on top or on the side to dip.
- Alternate method – If you want your peanut butter hot and gooey, you can add peanut butter and jam to the French bread, soak the entire sandwich in the mixture, and cook.