Time: 50 minutes
Do you like fruity frostings? Trust me, you will LOVE this one.
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 can of vanilla frosting
- 2 handfuls of blackberries
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir together with a fork or small whisk. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl beat eggs for roughly 30 seconds. Begin adding sugar and vanilla and beat for another 30 seconds. Add the vegetable oil in last and beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and beat on low speed. After the mixture is combined, add the rest of the flour mixture and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined.
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan and fill 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Bake cupcakes for 12-14 minutes and let cool for 15 minutes while you make your icing!
- Whip vanilla frosting with hand mixer until it doubles in size.
- Pulse blackberries in a magic bullet or blender until they are finely broken down.
- Add blackberries and lemon juice to vanilla frosting and mix until thoroughly integrated.
- It should be a light creamy texture, taste and adjust based on your preference.
- Add frosting to the cupcakes (I topped mine with small mulberries!) and enjoy!